The LPGA is dedicated to achieving a favorable regulatory climate for the propane industry. The support of LPGA members helps make things like this happen:
1) The LPGA took the lead in proposing a reduction of the assessment charged to all propane dealers in the state. After extensive research, it was determined that, due to the increased price of gas, the current fees would far exceed the needs of the commission. The LPGA proposed a plan that would have reduced the fees by 15%. After extensive negotiations, the commission finally agreed to a 7.5% reduction which EVERY propane dealer in the state now enjoys.
(2) During the 2008 2nd Extraordinary Session, the LA legislature amended the law allowing for the removal of state sales taxes from the sale of propane to now include ALL persons not be limited to consumer / residential use only.
(3) LPGA Recently Fought Sales and Income Tax increases on Business.
(4) LPGA continues to fight for tax credits on the state and federal levels to make propane and propane autogas affordable choices for consumers. Our efforts over the years have saved dealers literally hundreds of thousands of dollars.
(5) LPGA works with the state LP Gas Commission to ensure that regulatory issues are consistent, viable and necessary for the safe and efficient application of propane for all venues and purposes.